Pinched nerves inside our bodies can result in severe pain and uneasiness. Many people encounter such pains due to overstretching of the joins or even twisting of bones while undertaking their daily activities. Despite the fact that most people always seek medical attention whenever they encounter these problems, many never get satisfied with the kind of treatment they get simply because pinched nerves are in most occasions hidden and therefore difficult to be identified.
In the UK, it is estimated that 28 million adults experience pains on a daily basis due to pinched nerves. Likewise, over 20 million people suffer from the same problem in the US. However, this problem can be dealt with properly if people will attend yoga classes. This article informs you about the top yoga poses for healing pinched nerves.
1. Cobra Pose
Cobra pose is a back-bending pose for stretching the body nerves that heavily relies on the breath of the yoga in making movements.
How to do:
- Lie flat with the belly facing downwards and legs joined together.
- Position the hands at the centre of the chest with the pals on the floor.
- Raise your head up while engaging the abdomen to push the chest upwards.
- Ensure both the legs and hips are down.
How it Benefits: Cobra poses massages the spinal nerves, therefore, repairing them.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for Sciatica Relief ]
2. Extended Side Angle Pose
It is a standing pose for stretching the nerves all-round the body.
How to do:
- Open the legs wide enough and lunge forward using the left foot while maintaining the low position.
- Straighten the right foot backwards and start twisting in, towards the left foot with the right hand raised up.
- Twist your abdomen and rest when you attain the maximum point.
How it Benefits: It’s responsible for stretching the abdominal nerves.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for Ankylosing Spondylitis ]
3. Downward Dog Pose
Its the foundation of yoga poses that involves both hand and legs in supporting the body. Various modified variations are involved in downward dog pose.
How to do:
- Get down on your fours and spread both the legs and arms slightly wide than the body width.
- Let the head lie between the arms with the palms on the floor.
- Move the hands slightly past the shoulders position and start moving the legs towards the belly until the hips are raised high.
- Move back and forth for several rounds.
How it Benefits:
- It opens the body muscles, relieving pains and stretching the nerves.
- To sum up, attending yoga classes are the most cost-effective and healthy treatment for pinched nerves.
- Surgery and taking painkillers are no the solution of your pains, but yoga poses will give you an ultimate solution and profound cure to your nerves.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for Osteoporosis ]
4. Fish Pose
Fish pose is a shoulder stand counter pose for stretching the upper body.
How to do:
- Lie on a level surface on your back with the arms on the floor but under the back. Inhale deeply and hold your breath.
- Force your chest to move upwards and maintain both the back head and the lower body on the floor.
How it Benefits: Fish pose softens the knotted muscles which creates room for nerves to expand and contract freely.
SHARE THIS STORY ON FACEBOOK