Stretch your neck, arms, shoulders, chest, and back with the help of this upper body stretching routine. A set of 7 static stretches to relax the muscles and improve joint range of motion.
Upper Body Stretching Routine
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: no equipment
Upper Body Stretching Routine Instructions
1. Neck stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Tilt your head toward one shoulder until you feel the stretch in your neck and hold.
2. Shoulder stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grasp one elbow and gently pull the arm toward the chest. Breathe slowly and exhale as you deepen the stretch.
3. Triceps stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. To prevent soreness and tightening of the muscles, always stretch your triceps after any workout that includes pushing or pressing movements.
4. Biceps stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands behind your back, rotate your hands and raise your arms until you feel the stretch in your biceps and chest.
From the Shop
5. Wrist stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Keep your elbow straight and bend one wrist with the help of the opposite hand until you feel a mild to moderate stretch in your forearm.
6. Chest stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place your right palm on a wall and then slowly rotate your body to the left. Deepen the stretch as you exhale and then switch sides.
7. Upper back stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands together with the thumbs pointing down, round your shoulders, and reach forward.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this upper body stretching routine:
Lower Body Workouts
Glute Activation Circuit
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
9-Minute Warm Up Flow
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …
Waist Training Workout
A small waist accentuates an hourglass figure and is seen as feminine and attractive. Unfortunately, you can’t spot-reduce your way …