During her pregnancy
Who can forget the superbly curvaceous Shilpa Shetty from the ”Shut Up and Bounce Babe ” song of Dostana ?? When she got pregnant she described herself as a small elephant ! :P. Now this gorgeous mom in town is back flaunting her curves again !! Wanna know her secrets? You are in the right place moms ! Read below
During her pregnancy phase Mrs.Kundra had put on 20 kgs !!
FITNESS AND DIET REGIME DURING PREGNANCY:
- Added whole milk and ghee to her pregnancy diet
- Consumed about 2,200 calories per day
- Was 80 kgs and did not take any form of restrictions in food.
Shilpa had a C section delivery. She says ” Nursing a baby allows the mother to burn 500 calories per day. Crash dieting slows down the metabolism, affects the child’s health and makes it more difficult to lose weight. It can also leave you irritable and lead to postpartum depression”
FITNESS AND DIET REGIME POST DELIVERY :
- Focus on eating a balanced diet
- Daily calorie intake has come down to 1,800
- Exercise in the afternoon while Viaan (her son) sleeps
- She describes her workouts sessions as ” In the first month, my stamina and muscle strength were low. I couldn’t stretch, do planks and was easily tired if I tried to run. Channa, ( her trainer) suggested I start with walking and cycling as that would be easy on my joints. For the first three weeks, I did that for a total of 25 minutes, three times a week. As my form returned, Channa introduced weight training in the second month.
I started with single sets of 10 repetitions for different body parts and increased it to three sets with the same number of repetitions after two weeks.
- Currently working out for one hour and fifteen minutes, five days a week, alternate two days of weight training (one day upper body, one day lower body) with two days of yoga and one day of functional training or cardio.
DIET POST DELIVERY :
- Starting her day with a glass of amla juice and a plate of papaya empty stomach
- Two whole eggs – omelette, boiled or scrambled after half an hour
- Between lunch and breakfast, drink a glass of tender coconut water
- Cut down rice intake from a large bowl to a small bowl, and instead of four rotis,eat two
- Lunch consists of brown rice or two quinoa rotis, daal, fish, a green vegetable and egg burji
- A glass of slim dahi buttermilk after two hours
- Tea in the evening with brown sugar, walnuts and cashew, a slice of cheese and Ryvita crisps
- A lettuce salad filled with veggies, a turkey slice and olive oil for dinner / salmon steak and sour soup
She adds ” To lose the baby weight, I alternate between carb and no-carb days. On no-carb days, I skip the chapatis and rice. I will continue this for a month till I lose six more kilos. I have replaced whole milk with slim milk and drink a glass before going to bed.”
She concludes with an important message for all new moms ” New moms feel that they have let themselves go. I don’t see any reason to feel sad about your figure. Weight gain is a natural process and you must take your time to nurse the baby. If your schedule doesn’t allow you to exercise, it is still possible to lose 75 per cent of the baby weight just by eating a balanced diet. But aim for it only after the first four months.”
So are you worried about your post delivery weight , new momma ? Do share with us
Please subscribe to the newsletters of Bumps n Baby to stay updated always. Kindly share this post in your FB and twitter profiles as well.