Yoga Benefits of Yoga Benefits of Power Yoga
Power Yoga is the Western form of Ashtanga Yoga. It lays stress on developing the individual’s physical flexibility and nurtures the desire for self-discipline. The name says it all.
Power Yoga is one of many forms of Yoga, which has the same potential of following a laborious full-body workout while promoting mental stability and concentration. However, you should be forewarned though that Power Yoga practice could hurt in the beginning.
- Core Power Yoga Benefits Human beings are the only organisms on this planet that walk erect on two feet. While this…
- Power Walking The concept of power walking refers to a style of walking where you walk at a higher speed…
- Kundalini Meditation Kundalini in Sanskrit means ‘coiling’, like in a snake. The basic principle in…
- Benefits Of Utkatasana Utkatasana is also known as the Powerful or Fierce yoga pose. This pose is similar to you …
Power Yoga, as a concept, was brought to the West one Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. He was a celebrated Sanskrit scholar who moved Western Yogis with his Ashtanga Yoga style and philosophies. Little wonder why Power Yoga is called the Western version of the Indian Ashtanga Yoga. However, the term ‘Power Yoga,’ is the brainchild of Beryl Bendere Birch. He is an Ashtanga Yoga teacher and author of the widely-read book ‘Power Yoga: the Practice.’
Power Yoga provides wonderful health benefits. This series of Yoga postures stretches and elongates your muscles. At the same time it builds strength, stamina and lean muscle mass. Power Yoga can, therefore, reshape your body as well as your mind.
It increases internal body heat, in the process killing off bacteria and inculcates a heightened state of awareness of the workings of your body.
The focus in Power Yoga is on the harmonizing breath with movement, connecting the body, mind, and spirit and their deepest levels.
Given below are just a few of the benefits that can be had from Power Yoga:
- It boosts strength, stamina, and suppleness.
- It increases your ability to focus.
- Power Yoga is an excellent way to get rid of stress and tension.
- It helps you develop proper posture.
- It tones up the entire body.
- Power Yoga is a good way to get rid of toxins.
- It is as an excellent training for sportsmen.
- Power Yoga helps enhance the practitioner’s performance in particular sports such as Cycling, Golf, football, and swimming.