Itsy Bitsy Yoga®
Itsy Bitsy Yoga is a fun and gentle developmentally-centered program for young children and their parents. Itsy Bitsy Yoga was developed by Helen Garabedian, Certified Yoga Teacher and Infant Developmental Movement Educator and Author of two best-selling books.
Itsy Bitsy Yoga offers parents and caregivers three class options depending on their child’s age and developmental stage. There are Itsy Bitsy Yoga classes for babies, tots, and tykes. Collectively you can enjoy over 125 Itsy Bitsy Yoga poses, rhymes and activities that provide developmentally nutritious interaction between parent and child. This nurturing program gives parents and caregivers the tools and support they need to bond with, and comfort their little ones as they grow into their bodies and explore their surroundings.
Baby Itsy Bitsy Yoga®
Ages: Newborn to Nearly Crawling Baby Itsy Bitsy Yoga classes contain dozens of unique yoga postures designed to support baby’s development. Each class is filled with calming, nurturing ways to enhance bonding and improve baby’s sleep.
During a Baby Itsy Bitsy Yoga class, babies enjoy yoga while on their backs, tummies, or held in loving arms. For parents, this class is a special opportunity to meet other moms and dads, get support, and learn about baby’s emerging personality. Most of the yoga we do in Itsy Bitsy Yoga is for baby, but you will also learn breathing and relaxation techniques as you practice a bit of yoga yourself. No yoga experience required.
Tot Itsy Bitsy Yoga®
Ages: Crawling to 24 months Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Tots is a supportive, fun-loving, and active yoga class. As tot’s mobility increases, classes offer tot-centric poses that encourage and support their physical explorations. Tots become more confident in their moving bodies as they practice yoga both in and out of class.
During a Tots Itsy Bitsy Yoga class crawlers and walkers playfully practice yoga postures while they are standing, sitting up, walking, and jumping. Parents also get to do a little yoga, but no yoga experience is required.
Baby Itsy Bitsy Yoga Benefits:
- Deepen the parent / child bond
- Help baby sleep longer and better
- Improve baby’s digestion and ease tummy troubles
- Relieve fussiness and colic
- Discover ways to enhance your baby’s motor development
- Strengthen the immune system
- Encourage neuromuscular development
Tot Itsy Bitsy Yoga Benefits:
- Deepen the parent / child bond
- Improve body awareness
- Playfully relieve stress and frustration
- Increase your child’s attention span
- Provide an outlet for social interaction
- Nurture self-esteem and creativity
- Build a fit, healthy lifestyle
Parent / Caregiver Benefits:
- Discover your child’s personality and learning style
- Learn ways to calm your child
- Build your confidence as a parent
- Reduce your stress and anxiety
- Create memorable moments with your child
- Engage in a structured physical activity
- Get more sleep!
Itsy Bitsy Yoga Schedule
Baby Itsy Bitsy Yoga:
- Thursdays 11am – Noon
- Fridays 11am – Noon
Tots Itsy Bitsy Yoga:
- Thursdays 10 – 10:45am
- Fridays 10 – 10:45am
IBY classes run in sessions and require preregistration. Please visit www.blossomingyogis.com for session dates and registration information.
Itsy Bitsy Yoga Pricing:
- 4 Week Session: $64*
- 5 Week Session: $80*
- 6 Week Session: $96*