There is a relationship between yoga postures and weight reduction, so it is essential to know the main yoga poses that can help you lose weight.
Belly fat can be very difficult to remove.The accumulation of fat in this area can become a health risk. The fat in the abdominal region is linked to type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance , heart disease and some cancers. The belly is one of the places fat is stored and so most people target it with their exercises.
Yoga poses to reduce belly fat
While there are many exercises that can eliminate belly fat, yoga is really very effective and can be practiced by any healthy person. However, you should know that yoga alone may not help you lose belly fat, since 70% of success is also based on proper nutrition.
1. Cobra pose (Bhujangasana)
This pose helps reduce belly fat and can strengthen your abdominal muscles. It also strengthens the upper body and lower back and make it stronger and more flexible.
How to do the Cobra pose:
- Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out and palms under each shoulder.
- The toes should be touching the floor.
- Inhale slowly and raise your chest, bending back as far as possible.
- Depending on your ability, you can hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Exhale slowly and then your body returns to the original position.
- Repeat this pose 5 times with breaks of 15 seconds between each time.
- If you suffer from ulcer, hernia, back injury or are pregnant, it is not advisable to perform this pose.
2. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
This pose strengthens the base of the abdominal and helps reduce belly fat. To fully take advantage of this pose you should rock back and forth while holding this position to massage the abdominal area. This puts the digestive system to work and fights constipation as well as stretches the whole body, especially the rear.
How to do the Bow pose
- Start by pushing in your stomach with your legs straight and arms at each side of the body.
- Then bend your knees and bring your arms back to the ankles or feet.
- Inhale and lift the head and begins to bend back while trying to lift legs as high as possible.
- Try to keep this position for 15 to 30 seconds while breathing normally.
- When you begin to exhale, return to the original position with legs outstretched and arms at side.
- Repeat this pose at least 5 times and give yourself time to relax for at least 15 seconds between each time.
3. Boat Pose (naukasana)
This yoga pose is beneficial in attacking fat in the waist. It is very good for the stomach and can help strengthen the muscles of the legs and back.
How to do the Boat Pose:
- Lie on your back with your legs together and extended your arms on your side while looking down.
- Inhale and lift your legs but must make sure to maintain upright posture (without bending knee)
- You must stretch the foot and toes and try to raise your legs as high as you can
- While you’re in this position, you must have your arms straight and lift your fingers creating a 45 degree angle with your body
- Breathe normally while holding this position for 15 seconds
Repeat five times with 15 seconds rest between each time.
4. Plank (Kumbhakasana)
This yoga pose is one of the easier ones but it’s very effective in reducing belly fat. It also tones and strengthens the shoulders, arms, back, thighs and buttocks.
How to do the Plank Pose:
- Start with your hands and knees right under your shoulders and hips
- Maintain an upright posture with hands and feet as support
- As you inhale, look just ahead of palms to the neck and spine aligned and contract the abdominal muscles
- Your body should form a straight line. Make sure your hands are flat on the ground and your fingers are spread apart.
- Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds but for best results, try to hold as long as possible
- Exhale and return to a resting position, resting your knees on the floor
- Repeat this position five times and relax for at least 15 seconds after each
- Note that this position should be avoided if you have high blood pressure or shoulder or back injury
5. Wind Relieving Pose (Pavanamuktasana)
There are numerous benefits to the Wind Relieving yoga pose, in addition to relieving lower back pain, you can also firm and tone your abs, thighs and hips. Also massages the colon, balances pH levels in the stomach, cure constipation and improves metabolism.
How to do the Wind Relieving pose:
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and arms on the side
- The feet should be stretched out with the heels touching each other
- On the exhale, bend your knees and slowly bring them toward your chest
- Use the thighs to put pressure on the abdominal area
- To properly maintain the knees in place, closes hands on knees
- Breathe deeply and hold this position for one minute to 90 seconds
- As you exhale, release your knees and puts your hands to your sides with palms facing the floor
- You can perform this pose about 5 times with at least 15 seconds rest between each time
In order to increase the metabolism of the body, it is advisable to complete these yoga poses in the morning. In addition, repeat these poses daily, three to five times, three days a week. All this should be part of a whole change in both your food and lifestyle. Then you will fully benefits from these yoga poses and decrease your weight and better your health.