How Yoga Breathing Exercises are Useful for Weight Loss
Yoga is a solution for all of your physical and mental health problems. Yoga asanas have proved to be a boon for many fitness enthusiasts across the world for a long time. Weight loss is a challenge for all of us. We will discuss 5 yoga breathing exercises for weight loss are quite effective in keeping you healthy and fit too.
Yoga has given new directions to the world and has connected all of us through its innumerable benefits. It is very effective in overcoming your many health problems. Even, some of them are life-threatening.
Obesity is a Big Problem
Obesity is a major problem in today’s world. People are more prone to several diseases like heart attack, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and many more. All these are the main result of excessive fat that you accumulate over a period of time.
Your odd eating habits are the main cause of obesity. Due to the changed lifestyle and the inclination towards fast food tend to attract extra fat on your body.
Belly fat is the most difficult fat to lose but not impossible. The main reason is that people hardly get time to keep themselves fit. Daily life is full of different challenges. It is not easy for everyone to devote some time to his/her fitness.
There are some gym lovers who get time to spend extra hours on their fitness in the gym. But, few of them only are interested in a weight loss regime. They prefer to build up their muscles first and are not more interested in cardio or high-intensity workouts.
Yoga Poses are Helpful for Weight Loss
Here, is a solution to your weight loss problems. If you don’t find time to go to the gym, you can spend some time doing yoga breathing exercises for weight loss at home.
It is as simple as that you can do a good amount of yoga exercises or different yoga poses for a half an hour or in forty-five minutes. It also saves your time as well as is helpful to reduce your excess body fat within a short span of time.
Deep Breathing is very Effective in Weight Loss
Deep breathing is an art. It keeps your entire body healthy. It also enhances oxygen supply in your body and improves your digestion with a strong metabolism level. You can remove extra belly fat from breathing exercises.
Besides, it improves blood circulation levels in the whole body and gives you mental peace too. Deep breathing exercises are also known as Pranayama. This also strengthens abdominal muscles.
Pranayama is an Ancient Word
Pranayama has been derived from Sanskrit. “Prana” means energy and “Yama” indicates control. Pranayama is a meditation technique that includes a different number of ways for controlling the breathing. So, it is an extension of breath and a strong association of your mind and consciousness.
Types of Pranayama
There are different types of Pranayama that you may practice at home to control your belly fat.
1. Bhastrika Pranayama:
Bhastrika Pranayama is a deep breathing exercise that recharges you quickly and also enhances the instant flow of energy in your whole body. It is considered to be the best exercise to lose your extra fat. It is helpful in strengthening your energy production cells and increases your metabolism of the body.
How to do it:
- Sit down peacefully in the cross-legged position on the yoga mat.
- Keep your body straight especially neck and back.
- Take a deep breath through your both nostrils and keep your mouth close.
- Exhale through your both nostrils.
- Breath fast 10 to 15 times and do 5 sets at least.
2. Kapalbhati Pranayama:
Kapalbhati is a good breathing exercise. Though, it is easy to do it. But, those who are suffering from heart stroke or high BP syndrome, they should do it under the supervision of yoga or fitness trainer. It is one of the effective yoga breathing exercises for weight loss.
How to do it:
- Sit comfortably cross-legged on the yoga mat.
- Keep your body straight especially back.
- Take a deep breath and exhale through the nose.
- Squeeze your abdominal muscles as much as possible.
- Combine short and fast exhalations in one attempt
- Repeat the same process 10 to 15 times or more as per your suitability.
Here, you can find the best Yoga Mat for your workout.
3. Anulom Vilom Pranayama:
Anulom Vilom is a boon for a healthy digestive system. It sets a balance in your body hormones and creates extra energy. It is also beneficial in curing your respiratory diseases like asthma, chronic sinus problem, and others.
How to do it:
- Sit down on a carpet with ease in a lotus position
- Strengthen your whole body in a straight position.
- Close your one nostril with your thumb and inhale from others.
- Then, close your another nostril with the index finger or a thumb.
- Exhale from the first one nostril which you had closed earlier.
- Repeat the same with 10 to 15 repetitions and do 5 to 10 sets at least for better results.
Here, Learn more about Yoga
4. Bhramari Pranayama:
It is basically a stress reliever breathing exercise. Not only this, but you can also lower your blood pressure level and can feel relaxed from hypertension. Usually, people are in deep stress and they have more negativity around them.
They tend to annoy quickly due to several reasons like depression, an argument with the boss, home quarrels, personal enmity, or the others. You can achieve your mental balance and peace through this exercise. It has miraculous benefits to de-stress yourself and regain freshness and joy in your life.
How to do it:
- Begin the exercise by sitting comfortably in the cross-legged position.
- Be in a straight position and close your eyes gently.
- Put your both thumbs in your ears and keep the rest of the fingers over your crown and spread it over your face.
- Breath slowly through your both nostrils and exhale with a low pitched “hmmm” sound like a bee.
- Do at least 5 sets and repeat “hmmm” sound 5 to 10 times in one set.
5. Diaphragmatic Breathing:
It is a deep breathing exercise to enhance your metabolism and burn your unnecessary fats from the abdominal muscles. If you have ever experienced crunches exercises for your abdomen in the gym and are feeling bored with doing them, This breathing exercise will tone up your stomach muscles.
How to do it:
- Lie down on the mat in the straight position.
- Keep your hands either on your stomach or straights on the floor.
- Inhale slowly through your both nostrils and your stomach pumps up.
- Exhale from your lips and your stomach falls under your arms.
- Do at least 5 sets and each set should have 10 to 15 repetitions.
Life is full of adversities. There are various life-threatening diseases that may endanger our life. Yoga is a one-stop solution for all mental and physical health problems. Breathing exercises are considered to be the easiest way to ward off several body ailments.
I recommend you strongly that the above-discussed yoga breathing exercises for weight loss will certainly help you in reducing your extra belly fat that is the main cause of concern. So, do yoga regularly and achieve mental peace in your life by being fit and healthy.