If you think you cannot lose weight with yoga. Think again. Here’s 3 simple yoga poses for weight loss; anyone can do! Including you!
Most people believe yoga is all about stretching. Indeed some of the poses (asanas) can feel a lot like it. And in truth, there are some “easy peasy” poses that won’t have you bathed in sweat. But the thing is you can make your yoga practice as easy peasy or kickassy as you like.
If you are like me and loves a get-very-sweaty-good-run, you might think: No way, Jose, that is way too freakn’ chill and laid back for me! However, I have seen some fantastic transformation with yoga.
For those of you who don’t care much for the boring downward dogs and child’s poses and want to lose some serious weight, here are three simple yoga poses for weight loss, and if you practice them regularly, they can help you lose some serious weight.
The idea here is to bring your body into a V shape. This crunch style position will kick your abs.
- Sit with your knees bent. Your feet on the floor. Your hands behind you. Your fingers are pointing towards your feet.
- Lean back on the tripod between your sit bones and sacrum, lift your feet off the floor and bring your shins level with the floor.
- Keep your chest open as you extend your arms to the front, parallel to the floor.
- If possible, straighten your legs out while keeping the lift through the spine.
- In the beginning, stay in this position for 2-5 breaths and then work your way up to 10 breaths.
This push-up position is a fantastic pose for weight loss. It strengthens and tones the muscles in your entire body.
- Start with lying down on your belly.
- Reach your heels back and lengthen the crown of your head forward.
- Ground down into your hands. Pull up through your arms, and spread your collarbones away from your sternum.
- Lift the front of your body to support the pose.
- Hold this position for 15 breaths and slowly work your way up as you get used to the pose.
This imaginary chair works your entire core and your butt, thighs, and leg muscles as you use your body resistance.
- Stand with your feet firm on the floor.
- Do as if you are going to sit in a chair that is not there.
- Halfway down, hold the position.
- Hold it for 15 breaths and slowly work your way up as you get used to the pose.
- If you are up for a challenge, you can lift your arms.
The three simple yoga poses for weight loss are:
- Boat Pose
- Plank Pose
- Chair Pose
If you practice these three poses regularly, I promise you excellent results. Keep up the good work and let me know how it’s going.
- How I motivate myself to workout 6 times a week
- 14 Tips to help you lose weight and keep it OFF
- Create more Sattva in your life
- Stunning Benefits of Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Be a Yogi
PIN FOR LATER