If you’re looking for a quick and easy workout to add to your morning routine, these three exercises will take just 10 minutes.
You’ll notice the weight loss before you know it.
This rejuvenating move is great for core strength and relieving back pain.
1. Start on your hands and knees, your wrists below your shoulders and your knees below your hips. Spread your palms out and keep your toes tucked under.
2. Exhale and lift your knees away from the floor towards the sky so that your body makes an upside-down V shape.
3. Keep your feet flat on the floor, your hands turned slightly inward with fingers spread and arms extended.
4. Hold pose for 3-5 breaths; return to original position and repeat.
THE WARRIOR II
Builds stamina in your legs, opens the hips, and strengthens your back.
1. Step one leg forward so legs are wide apart, front foot pointing forward and back foot at a 45° angle to front foot.
2. Put your hands on your hips and turn your hips to face sideways.
3. Bend your front leg until the thigh is parallel to the ground and the knee is over the ankle.
4. Raise your arms outwards until level with your shoulders, palms down. Breathe deeply and bring your gaze to travel over the middle finger of the front hand. Remain for five slow breaths, then repeat on the other side.
THE TREE POSE
This pose will instantly ground and calm you.
1. Stand with your feet inner hip-distance apart and spread your weight through your feet.
2. Shift your weight on to your right leg and lift your left knee. Fixing your eyes ahead will help keep your balance.
3. Turn your left leg out at the hip and let the knee bend; place your left foot on your right leg, mid-calf or thigh.
4. Bring your palms together in front of you. Slowly open your arms out like branches of a tree: breathe steadily.
Like this? You’ll love…
Top anti-ageing yoga poses
Easy energy fixes
More weight loss advice
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io