Get Rid of Muffin Top – If you are fond of overeating, then muffin top is probably a problem for you. Muffin top is a phrase that is used to define a man or woman’s skin or body fat that is visible above the waistline. It is a weight loss challenge being faced by many people.
Having extra belly fat can be annoying and frustrating. You’ve read through articles and write-ups that promise to get rid of your muffin top within 7 days, but with no success so far.
In this article, we have decided to clarify and enlighten you on the causes of muffin top/love handles and the best exercises to get rid of muffin top.
Causes of Muffin Top
You might have heard that the muffin top arises as a result of your body carrying extra fat all over. In fact, there is no better truth than that statement. The extra fat that abounds all over your body is the obvious cause of muffin top. However, there are other several factors that can also contribute to your belly fat;
Genetics plays an important role in shaping up your body structure, according to research. Your body will most likely take after those that gave birth to you. If your mother or grandmother had belly fat. You are most likely to have it if adequate care is not taken.
Unhealthy diets are one of the major contributors to muffin top. The consumption of a lot of sugary sodas, high sodium foods, and artificial ingredients will naturally lead to a large belly fat. Also, two people can react differently to the same food item. Allergies and food sensitivities contribute in no small way to poor diets.
Change in hormones can also contribute a great deal to you gaining more fat around your middle. People that have estrogen dominant hormone tend to store up more belly fat than others.
Chronic stress can also lead to gaining a lot of belly fat. It is important for you to manage your stress level and get sufficient rest that your body desperately needs.
Losing your muffin top can be a nightmare, but fear not. We have compiled a list of the best workouts that will aid you in your muffin top melting in no time. These workouts are the best exercises to get rid of muffin top and they also give you the added benefit of a stronger core and a great shape.
10 Best Exercises to Get Rid of Muffin Top and Side Fat Fast
Below are the best muffin top workout that can aid you in your quest on how to lose muffin top in 2 days or more;
1. Dead Bug Exercises for Muffin Top
The dead bug is one of the best abdominal exercises to lose muffin top. It is an exercise that is designed to help you lose excess belly fat and to strengthen your core. Follow the instructions below to perform the Dead Bug workout.
How to Perform the Dead Bug
- Lie on the floor with your face up and your arms fully extended along sides.
- Bring your legs to the tabletop position with your knees bent and lower legs parallel to the floor.
- Brace your core and raise your left arm up and behind your head.
- Ensure your right leg straightens out but does not touch the floor.
- Keep your lower back pressed against the floor and your abs tight at all times.
- Return to the starting position and repeat this movement on the other side for 1 rep.
- You can perform 10 reps in 3 sets for maximum effect.
2. Candlestick Dipper
You must be wondering who gives these exercises such unique names. Well, we can assure you that the Candlestick Dipper is a top-notch muffin top “vaporizer” and one of the best exercises to get rid of muffin top. This workout targets your oblique muscles to deliver unique results. You can follow the instructions below to get rid of your belly fat in no time;
How to perform the Candlestick Dipper
- Begin by kneeling with your abs tight and your back straight.
- Straighten your right leg to your side.
- Ensure your knee is straight and not drooping towards the floor.
- Raise your hand straight overhead and lock your fingers together.
- Keep the first 2 fingers locked in a Charlie’s Angels pose.
- Bend at your waist to your left side and go down as low as you can to be parallel to the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
- Do 15 dips and repeat on the other side.
3. Plank Exercise for Muffin Top
The plank is an isolation exercise that targets the transverse abs. The transverse abs are your internal abdominals and are the deepest muscles holding everything together. The Plank workout helps you to develop a stronger core and a slimmer waistline.
How to perform the Plank
- Begin by getting into a pushup position with your elbows bent.
- Rest your weight on your forearms instead of on your hands.
- Allow your body to form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- Tighten your core by contracting your abs.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds.
- You can increase the duration of your hold by intervals of 15 seconds as you get used to the exercise.
- Make sure you work out for up to 3 minutes.
4. Double Criss-Cross
This is a 3 minutes routine that is should be included in your daily exercises to get rid of muffin top. The criss-cross routine targets the abdominals and the oblique muscles. Follow the directions below to perform the double criss-cross movement;
How to perform the double criss-cross
- Begin by lying faceup with your knees bent into your chest and your hands behind your head.
- Bend your left knee into your chest while pulsing your shoulder and keeping your knee closer together.
- Ensure you keep your elbows open wide and avoid pulling on your head with your hands.
- Also, make sure that the shoulder blades remain lifted off of the mat.
- Return to starting position and continue, alternating your feet and arms with each rep.
- You can perform 20 reps each in 3 sets.
5. Hip Dips
Hip Dips are effective exercises to get rid of muffin top. They concentrate on toning your obliques and your entire waistline and leg
How to do the Hip Dips workout
- Begin by getting down in a plank position.
- Ensure your abs are tightened.
- Lower yourself into the forearm plank by bending your elbows and coming down on your forearms
- Roll over to your left side into a forearm side plank and stack your right leg over your left leg. Also, put your right hand on your hip.
- Dip your hip towards the floor and lift back.
- You can do 10 dips on one side and another 10 on the other side.
6. Butt Lift
The butt lift workout is a favorite among people that are always trying to lose some belly fat. The exercise tones your lower abs, obliques, muffin tops and lifts your butt. In addition, it will help give you a wonderful body shape.
How to do the Butt Lift
- Begin by lying down on the floor on your back with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent.
- Lift your butt off the floor until you get a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Hold your position for a few seconds.
- Gently, lower down your butt.
- Repeat movement for about 15-20 times.
7. Hip Twists
Like the name suggests, the hip twists routine targets the excess belly fat and helps to streamline your waist for good. You should add this workout to your daily routine if you want to get rid of that muffin top.
How to perform the Hip Twists
- Begin by getting down into a forearm plank position.
- Ensure your elbows are directly under your shoulders and your body is in a straight line.
- Twist your hip to the left side and make sure your left hip touches the floor.
- Also, twist your hip to the right while making sure your right hip touches the floor.
- You can perform 20 twists.
8. Bicycle Crunches
The bicycle crunch is a variation of the famous crunch workout that targets the rectus abdominis and the upper abs. In addition to helping you get rid of muffin top, it is also one of the best exercises for toning your abs and removing excess belly fat.
How to perform the Bicycle Crunch
- Begin by lying down with your back on the floor.
- Lift your feet with your knees bent such that your calves are parallel to the floor.
- You should put your hands behind your head to support your head and neck.
- Bring your left knee toward your right elbow with your left leg straightened out.
- Ensure that you do not lower the right leg to the floor.
- Bring your right knee to the left elbow and straighten the left leg out.
- Continue with the alternating movements and do as much as you can for about 2 minutes.
Related Posts for You:
9. Towel Leg-Ins
This is one of the best exercises to get rid of muffin top .The Towel Leg-Ins a very good at activating the upper and lower abdominals. They also target the obliques. You should do this routine on a smooth surface like a wooden or tile floor.
How to do the Towel Leg-Ins
- Begin by starting in a high plank position with your palms on the ground.
- Ensure your palms are underneath your shoulders, your arms straight, and core engaged.
- You should place a small towel underneath the toes of each of your foot.
- Use your abdominals to bring both knees in toward your chest.
- Ensure you are in a crouch position with your knees between your elbows.
- Hold your position for a few seconds.
- Push from your abdominals to slide the towels under your feet back to starting plank position.
- You can do 12 reps.
10 . Russian Twist
If done well, the Russian twists are one of the best exercises to get rid of muffin top. It targets your abs, your obliques and helps in streamlining your waistline. If you are a beginner, you can do the Russian Twists without weights.
How to do the Russian Twists
- Begin by sitting on your butt with your feet pressed into the ground.
- Ensure your knees are also bent.
- Lean back a little and grab a dumbbell in your hands.
- If you are a beginner, you can just join your hands together instead.
- Rotate the dumbbell from side to side while twisting your torso with the movement.
- You can perform 10 twists on each side.
Read Next –How to Get Rid of Lower Belly Fat Fast-Lower Belly Workout & Healthy Diets
These are some of the best exercises to get rid of muffin top and side fat that you can find. Start drilling yourself with these awesome exercises. In addition, always remember that what works best is a combination of a healthy diet, constant workout, and a lifestyle change. Excess fat is dangerous for your health.
Please, share with us your feedback in the comment box below and share this post with your friends and family on social media.